Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Time for some updates

 Hello all,

work is making good progress on many sides, as I had to give up the approach to just focus on the townhouses. They are all done by now, but as I had to make some changes to the dbcopgraphics.db, I can't upload them as separate files. Instead, I have to make one project again, like I did with the H.T.O.P.

This is because I made every townhouse use it's own set of textures, to achieve much more diversity. Same goes for all the shops, that I was working on. They look great yet, but I am not finished with them, so you have to be patient a little bit longer, until I will upload an alpha-version of my current work :)

To give you some impressions of my work so far, here are some pictures:


The townhouses:









The Shops:








The bakery:


All screenshots were taken with the reshade-profile, that I created for COTN. It gives the game a much more modern and satisfying look, if you're asking me.

Here, for a quick comparison:

reshade on


reshade off


Once I find the time, I will upload my profile here under the post processing section.


I hope, you like what I have done so far and stay tuned for the next update :)

Best Regards

Horus

12 comments:

  1. I am anxiously awaiting the time where I may download some of these new textures. If I am not the biggest fan of your work, I am in the top 1%. I literally have spent thousands of hours playing the game with your mod going. I have made several scenarios, and some decent quality maps. I am looking more forward to your release of these textures than I am Builders of Egypt and Dynasty of the Sands. I desperately wish there was some way to convert the game to a 64 bit client.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I NEED these new textures! Looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to come back and look at these. Your work is excellent. Just excellent. Dunno why I have to post anonymously. I am going to make/mod another scenario to change the landscape a bit to avail more building opportunities. Also to change the story a bit. I made a scenario with an immaculate area that's just the best place on earth. lol. Would like to have or build a scenario where keeping a standing military serves a purpose while you build to your heart's content. I've gotten pretty decent at making maps and doing city layouts.

    Would love to share photos with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I would love to play some of your scenarios. Maybe you could share some photos with me?
      You can send them to me via mail to DonSalami-at-gmx.de
      I am glad, that you like my work so much :)

      Horus

      Delete
  4. I am working on a first Pharaoh scenario. The city starts developed, but you need to build your palace and get things moving quickly. It's a new take on Nekhen. I've been working on it two weeks. I play it, and re-play it to see things that I've missed. I'll send it to you soon as I'm finished with it. (I do use a prestige mod that allows for more priests, etc. I just prefer to have that kind of gaming experience. (also in the scenario you build Inebu-Hedj, and send bricks and weapons there. In exhange you get papyrus and food. It's mostly a scenario to unify Egypt and build to your heart's content. I cannot... CANNOT completely disable the chariots from being selected as a military equipment, and I don't know how to totally disable it. I told the scenario to not allow it, but it still does it. Just a few more finishing touches and I'll be done. Your screenshots are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will there be new textures ? At least create a donat wallet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently working together with a beta tester for the new models and I am trying to see how stable everything is. I don't want donations, but thank you :)

      Delete
    2. I am also ready to participate in the stability test of the new textures, you can drop the link to d.kischov@gmail.com thank you

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I will send you the files once they are ready

      Delete
  6. Hello. Friend, do not disappear, we are waiting for your work. I think we can put something out - we will test and evaluate the intermediate result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am still working on getting the first bunch of models ready :)
      Sorry that it takes so much time!

      Delete
  7. This took me quite a while and longer than I thought, but beta-test of the current model-package can now start. I will contact Beta-testers via mail in the next few days. If you want to participate in testing, just leave a comment and your mail-address here :)

    ReplyDelete