Hello everybody,
I hope, you had a better year than I had. So many issues and so little time to work on CotN.
I finally managed to fix the white texture bug on the children working in the fields. Now those poor children are sweating from the hard labour. Do you see the small drops of sweat on them?
Please download the updated H.M.O.P. 1.4 to fix the bug and some more bugs on common shops showing missing parts of textures. More models and textures for you to come soon! As a little sneak preview I added an updated model for the apothecary. I hope you like it!
Please let me know in the comments, what you would like to see next!
Happy new year!
Horus


Thanks
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThank you, Horus. I really hope you can finish the update someday!
I found a new bug, there are some textures missing on the common shop which has a bad state.
ReplyDeleteHello Arka, I think, I know what the problem is. I will look into it and upload an updated version. Thanks for the hint!
DeleteJust uploaded a fix, please see, if the problem is solved now.
DeleteI still find missing textures, perhaps I can be more specific, namely in the mat and basket store in poor condition
DeleteThank you, that helps a lot. I will look into it, seems I messed up a bit on the dbcopgraphics file, which defines what textures apply to the models. Should be easy to fix. Anything else that appears to be wrong? And do you have any suggestions what you would like to see next?
DeleteOk, a quick look gave me the impression, as if I have some bad spelling on those textures (wrote ...bad instead of ...BAD) so the game can't find the write texture. I renamed them and reuploaded the mod. Please give it a try and report back :)
DeleteI still encountered that bug, there's an object that's white and labeled ''plant 2'' Can I send you a screenshot of my game?
DeleteYes please, send me a screenshot to Horus_CotN(at)proton.me
DeleteI think I just found the issue. The texture for the bad condition of the basket and mat shops lacks a part I changed in the texture of the shops in good condition. I will change it and re-upload!
DeleteThank you for the effort in fixing it, I no longer encounter that bug. I can't wait for the upcoming updates. Perhaps a small suggestion for the cow, could you slightly adjust the white color so it’s not too striking?
DeleteI am glad it's finally solved :) I will take a look at the cow, soon!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Horus, like you I’ve been a fan of this game for a very long time. I’ve never been able to contact anyone from Tilted Mill, so I was wondering if I might reach out to you to try to learn more About to it. Some little details, like how young pharaohs die, have always frustrated me even though I think this is a near perfect city builder. You’re my best shot at learning.
ReplyDeletehey bro, it's cool what you do, I dunno if you are still at it, I make source game maps and models, tectures etc, so I know it is alot, faced with life and commitments
ReplyDeletein case you still have the spark, I wonder about a few things with this game;
I can't see the sun for one, I tried to look online, it speaks of video settings issues etc, I wonder if you have specific insight
I can look into the coding myself, but since you're already invested, the game speed settings could be improved
0.5 to 1.0
1.0 to 2.0
1.5 to 3.0
2.0 to 5.0
2.5 to 10.0
I also would like to see many more statues available simply for general decoration purposes, particularly the large, free-standing type, also an isolation of each of the "gods" as a standalone large statue would be great
pillars would be another wonderful addition and some other statuary
as I said, I can appreciate the work you have put in and how much time is invested already
I make STL files and use Blender as well for making custom models for Source engine games, I have been at the same campaign for L4D since 2023, gotta take brain breaks, so I can appreciate if you are not able to delve into any of this
I checked out your hi-res textures and also your models mods, but I am sorting some power and other issues with a couple of PCs and the video was a bit choppy, so I de-installed that, so I guess I will go and put it back in and look now to see if you added a bunch of new models already =P
but yeah, all good stuff what you do, hope to see you around
cheers
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteoh hey, another thing I was wondering about, in addition to the sun missing for me, is if the fog can be removed entirely instead of just moved back and also if there is any chance of a skybox/skirt, presently the edge of the playable area is just this black void
ReplyDeleteeither it is also a problem with my video or something the devs simply didn't put in - cheers
hi again, I figured out to tweak the general game speed setting, in the .INI file under Documents/TiltedMill etc. there is Game Max Speed it is set to 250, which equates to 2.5 times 1.0, it doesn't like "1000" for 10X speed, so I put it at 999 and it literally runs at 10 times, but only displays 9.5 as the speed, so I went back into the .INI and changed it to 950
ReplyDeletecame in real handy waiting for the lighthouse at Alexandria to be built with only so many limestone blocks available per year
it is just nutty watching buildings appear on almost 10X speed
=P
- cheers